All fresh fruits and vegetables contain magical power when it comes to shiny hair, clear skin, and strong nails. However, the ones I’ve chosen below are perhaps not as well know for their powerful beauty benefits. Try and include these foods into your diet if you want to look your best without the need for botox or other unnatural remedies.
- Red Peppers All red and orange colored foods contain beta-carotene, a powerful antioxidant. Red peppers are particularly beautifying due to the minerals A, C, and K. Vitamins A and C can help prevent cell damage that leads to premature aging, and they can also reduce inflammation, which can cause a puffy looking face. Pepper also has Vitamin K, which is an excellent property for protecting our cells from damage.
- Spinach All leafy greens are actually very powerful in terms of being a beauty food because of the chlorophyll they contain. There are also loads of other phytochemicals and fiber in spinach that help build blood that is super clean and which will show through in your skin.
- Turmeric This yellow-colored, Indian spice has a load of powerful antioxidant qualities. Turmeric assists in protecting our cells from free radical damage and also contributes towards cleaning up metabolic waste in our systems. It is also great as a liver flusher to get rid of any poisons and chemicals which are stored there.
- Pumpkin Seeds WOW! These really are powerful. What don’t pumpkin seeds have in them?!? The humble pumpkin seed contains high levels of zinc, calcium, potassium, magnesium and vitamins B, C and E. Pumpkin seeds are also a great source of amino acids and omega-3 fatty acids, all essential for healthy cell maintenance. Make a handful of pumpkin seeds a regular part of your diet, and you will definitely notice a change in your appearance.
- Parsley Next time your plate is garnished with parsley, don’t push it aside. This is a pretty powerful herb when it comes to anti-aging, as well as purifying and cleansing the body. It contains vitamins A and C as well as anti-oxidizing flavonoids that protect our cells from free radical damage. Parsley also helps to purify the blood, kill bacteria, aid digestion, and cleanse toxins from the liver.
The best thing is that all these foods are easy to incorporate into your diet. Add turmeric to juice and combine the other foods with some other fixings to make a great, beautifying salad. Who said that beauty was hard to keep?
LEMON & BEET SALAD WITH CHICKEN
(makes 3-4 Servings)
1 cup chicken breast, chopped
2 medium green apples, peeled and chopped
1/4 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
4 cups fresh spinach, chopped
1 lemon, juiced
1 cup canned beets (BPA-free can)
Sea salt to taste
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and serve. ENJOY!
Feel free to play around with this salad! If you don’t have beets add red bell pepper, have fun and enjoy!
For more recipes and healthy tips….